Approach Statement re Corona Virus (COVID-19)
We understand that you may be worried about your loved ones and we realise that Approach supports some of the most vulnerable people in the current situation and want to reassure you that we are taking all precautionary steps following advice issued by Public Health England.
Approach intends to continue running the day groups and 1-2-1 services for as long as possible, but the situation is rapidly changing and we will let you know if this advice changes.
To ensure the safety of everyone using Approach services as well as our staff and volunteers, Approach has taken the following actions:
- All staff and volunteers have been issued with updated Infection Control Guidance and are undertaking refresher training in this area.
- Approach understands the importance of hand washing as well as the use of hand gels and appropriate personal protection equipment; we have all of these available in the groups and in the My Day My Way service.
- Any Approach staff member or volunteer experiencing cough or cold symptoms will follow current Public Health England advice and will self isolate for the prescribed period.
- Group Officers will be monitoring members attending groups and will notify you immediately of any symptoms which may be causing concern.
- MDMW staff will work closely with you and let you know if they have any concerns – they will also be able to undertake home based activities as an alternative to trips out if required.
- If any Approach staff member, volunteer or service user is diagnosed with Coronavirus, we will follow advice given by Public Health England.
- Approach is liaising with the Senior Clinical Managers within our Alliance Partners at Douglas Macmillan Hospice who are offering us their invaluable support during this period.
- Additionally we are closely monitoring government advice and will respond immediately to any changes.
If you have any worries or concerns please do not hesitate to either talk to the Officer or contact the main office on 01782 214999